Disclaimer: This is NOT aimed at ANYONE in particular or at people who are vegetarian/vegan for religious reasons OR by choice. It is not about certain people or about everyone, just some vegetarians/ vegans in general.
Everyone can agree that vegetarians and vegans are always saying, “animal lives matter, too!” and “all animals deserve a chance at life!” Well, many are tired of hearing this. And not that this is everyone, but certain people. They are also always bragging, “I’ve been a vegan for two weeks!” No one cares, Karen. Everyone knows you’ll be stuffing your face with chicken wings the next time you have a chance.
When you look at vegetarians and vegans who don’t brag, it’s fine. For example, people who have learned to grow with other people wearing or eating animal products and will just leave you alone for wearing a leather skirt or fur coat.
But when it comes to those who are like, “Oh. My. God! I can’t hang out with you now that you wore a leather jacket and ate a chicken wing in front of me!” Don’t be like that. That’s why Karen has no friends.
Not that I’m saying that you shouldn’t be vegan or a vegetarian, but they are taking over. Today, 7.3 million people in the U.S. have decided to be vegan or vegetarian. 3.2% of U.S. adults are vegan or vegetarian, and 0.5% of them are vegans.
The word “vegetarian” came first. The beginning of the word “vege-” obviously means vegetable, and “-arian” means to support or believe.
Early vegetarians included Indian philosophers such as Mahavira and Acharya Kundakunda, the Tamil poet Valluvar; Greek philosophers such as Empedocles, Theophrastus, Plutarch, Plotinus, and Porphyry. Don’t feel bad if you don’t know any of them or can’t pronounce their names. They were just some of the first vegetarians that no one really remembers.
I know it looks as though I’m trying to prove all vegans and vegetarians wrong and make them look bad, but I do have a few facts that will make you animal lovers happy.
- Vegans live longer
- Vegans spare the lives of about 30 animals per year
- Vegans save 45 pounds of grain per day. In many countries, the majority of grain grown is fed to farmed animals. In a world in which 795 million people don’t have enough to eat, eating vegan takes a stand for the hungry.
- Taiwan has the most vegans in the world. Vegetarian food in Taiwan is often vegan by default, as dairy products are rarely used and eggs are normally an optional extra
Okay, I hope those helped smooth everything down a bit, but don’t get your hopes up. I still want to prove them all wrong.
Many celebrities who are in on being a vegan include Ellen DeGeneres, Liam Hemsworth, Miley Cyrus, and Ariana Grande – how else do you think that she’s that skinny?
As I promised before, I have a list of reasons why vegans and vegetarians are wrong to prove them wrong.
It’s hard to get enough protein in a vegan or vegetarian diet. Foods like steak or fish contain 20-30 grams of protein per 100 grams of product. The main protein sources for vegans, such as vegetables, beans, soy, tempeh, and rice, contain only 5-20 grams of protein per 100 grams of product.
Vegan and vegetarian diets have lower protein quality. Vegan diets not only make it more difficult to ingest sufficient protein, but the protein quality of many vegan foods is also lower than that of animal foods.
- It’s hard enough to consume enough quality fats on vegetarian and vegan diets. There are some great options to get some healthy fats in your diet as a vegan, such as coconut oil, high-cacao dark chocolate, or avocados. But say you’re mostly eating beans, rice, soy, fruits, vegetables, and grains. In that case, you will still end up having problems getting the right fats into your diet.
- Vegan and vegetarian diets lack essential minerals. The problem in getting enough minerals originates because many foods that vegetarians and vegans rely on, such as grains, rice, beans, soy, all contain anti-nutrients in one form or another. Several anti-nutrients exist, such as lectins, phytic acid, and different phytates and fibers. (All of the above: via https://www.alexfergus.com/blog/8-proven-reasons-why-vegan-and-vegetarian-diets-easily-ruin-your-body)
- Vegan food is expensive. Well, that depends on what kind of vegan foods you actually choose to eat on a daily basis. Well, then again, if you are vegan or vegetarian, your food is free of animal exploitation, abuse, and murder. (via https://theunboundedspirit.com/anti-vegan-arguments/)
As you can see, I am completely against vegetarians and vegans, but this is not aimed towards anyone at all. Thank you for reading, and I hope that you vegetarians and vegans are having the time of your lives. Lastly, if you are hating on vegetarians and vegans too, you can say you have Vegaphobia (the dislike of either vegetarians or vegans). Have a great day, Cougars!