Valentine’s day is a day of love. . . And chocolate. Everyone knows about Valentine’s day but what are the numbers behind it?
- 62% of adults say they celebrate the holiday.
- 448 million dollars are spent on candy the week before February 14th
- 58 million pounds of chocolate candy bought during, the week of Valentine’s day
- 36 million heart-shaped boxes sold for the holiday
- 23% of adults say they purchase flowers or plants on Valentine’s Day, 39% who buy the flowers are women, and the remaining 61% are men
- Americans spend around 8.6 million dollars on sparkling wine for a holiday making it the bubbliest occasion after New Year’s, Christmas, and Thanksgiving
- 174,000 gallons of sparkling wine sold throughout the week of Valentine’s Day
- 8 billion sweet tarts are made annually, that is enough to stretch from Rome, Italy to Valentine, Arizona and back again 20 times
- 15% of Americans who say they are buying gift cards to give as gifts
Some of these facts may be a surprise to you. Now that you know more about the holiday, hopefully, you can enjoy it even more.