Welcome to my brand new series! For the next couple weeks, each week there will be a new story with a new category of facts. Enjoy!
This week you will be getting fascinating facts about . . . . Animals! So let’s get started.
- Like 10% of the world, All polar bears are left-handed, unlike most other animals who can be both.
- A snail can sleep for three years. I wish I could do that, their dreams must be like full movies.
- A scorpion can hold its breath for 6 days. They aren’t built for swimming, but some varieties can stay underwater for up to 48 hours.
- Cows have best friends and get stressed when they are separated. If they get in a fight, how do they MOOOO-ve on? I’m funny.
- A tiger’s legs are so powerful that they can remain standing even after death. Wow, that is out-standing.
- Rabbits have 360 degree vision so they can see predators coming from all sides.
- Pig hearts have been used in human heart transplants. A bacon lovers dream.
- A domestic cat can outrun the fasted man in the world, Usain Bolt, if it is running at full speed.
- Kangaroos can’t fart. I wish my brother couldn’t fart.
- An alligator brain weighs around the same as five Oreos.
- Jellyfish have been around for almost 650 million years, meaning they go back farther than sharks and dinosaurs. I’d hate to see how big that family tree is.
- A swan has over 25,000 feathers on its body. No wonder they are so beautiful.
Comment below which facts you knew, and I hope you enjoyed this article with all my cringy puns included. Come back next week for a new category of facts.