END IT is a Coalition of the leading organizations in the world in the fight for FREEDOM. Each of our amazing 16 Coalition Partners is doing work, on the ground, every day, to bring AWARENESS, PREVENTION, RESCUE, and RESTORATION.
CALL TO ACTION:
Join us and other Freedom Fighters from around the world this THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22ND, as we SHINE A LIGHT ON SLAVERY together! Draw a RED X on your hand, take a selfie and post it on social media using #enditmovement. This simple action opens the door to conversations and allows us to tell more people that slavery still exists.
- END IT is an awareness campaign that launched in 2013.
- Our goal is to SHINE A LIGHT ON SLAVERY by letting the world know that slavery still exists. With an estimated 20 – 45.8” million men, women and children trapped in various forms of slavery around the world, including the U.S. (bonded labor, forced labor, and sex trafficking), there is more slave in the world today than at any other time in history.
- To us, awareness is doing the work, but awareness is only the beginning. Awareness must lead to ACTION. Once you’re aware, you can’t not do something.
- We want to encourage people to get involved in this fight for freedom in whatever way they can, be it donation money changing purchasing habits, helping raise awareness, getting companies to change policies or deciding to go work in this field. We all have a voice and we all have influence, so we can a;; do something. In order to tell the world, we need everyone to tell their world.
- There are an estimated 27 million people trapped in slavery around the world today.
- Slavery generates an estimated $150.2 billion per year in profits. That’s more than Google + Amazon + eBay combined.
- Slavery is illegal in every country in the world, yet still exists in 167 countries, accounting for 87% of nations across the globe.
- The average cost of a slave today is $90. The average cost of a slave in 1850, in the American South, is equivalent to $40,000 today.
- 55% of forced labor victims are women and girls.
- Nearly 1 in 5 victims of slavery is a child The average age a teen enters the sex trade in the U.S. is 12 – 14 years old.
- 29,868 human trafficking cases in the U.S. identified on the National Human Trafficking Hotline.
G to the #ENDITMOVEMENT site for more information.